Friday, November 2, 2012

Back to the Basics

I recently took two classes that I just kinda jumped into. They weren't my regular classes with the usual girls I dance with. This particular class had a "lower level" curriculum set up than I am used to. I jumped into this class because I was bored and did not feel like going home after my regular classes were over. So I asked my teacher Mr. Joe if I could possibly join the class and stay to myself in the back so I wouldn't disrupt the class.  As I was standing back there the class seemed to be very basic. First we only worked on a few jumps in place. Then it went to turning, but it was like I was being taught how to turn all over again. They were only doing single turns and I actually enjoyed  it. I know I can do much more than one turn, but I liked getting back to the basics. Its nice to go easy on yourself once and awhile so you can do that easy trick 180%. It also shows you care and are humble, no one should turn down an opportunity to get back to the beginner stuff because you think your "too good". No one is the best and there is always always always room for improvement.

"To watch us dance is to hear our hearts speak" Hopi Indian saying

No comments:

Post a Comment